Arseniy is an articling student focusing on governance and business law. He supports Ratcliff’s litigators and solicitors on a variety of matters related to First Nations governance, financial and strategic planning, capital and operational management. Arseniy is passionate about leveraging the combination of legal, financial and governance mechanisms to support the development and self-determination of Indigenous communities.
Arseniy brings to Ratcliff prior experience as a Financial Controller of a Lower Mainland Municipality, a Senior Finance and Strategy Manager for a national telecommunications company, and the Director of Finance and Strategy for an international consulting firm. As a skilled advisor, he applies his expertise in the development and implementation of legal and financial frameworks, strategic analysis, and complex negotiations to provide progressive, high-value insights to clients.
Beyond law, Arseniy is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA Canada), Chartered Accountant (ICAEW, UK), and is Certified in Financial Forensics (AICPA, US).
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants: CPA, CMA
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales: Chartered Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Certified in Financial Forensics
In The Community
- Career Mentor, MOSAIC
- Advisory Board Member, Municipal Finance Authority of British Columbia (past)
- Board Member, Richmond Public Library (past)
- Treasurer, BC Library Trustees Association (past)
- Professional Legal Training Course, Law Society of British Columbia – Barrister and Solicitor Qualification Examinations, 2022
- Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation – Certificate in Negotiation and Leadership, 2022
- Peter A. Allard School of Law; National Committee on Accreditation (Federation of Law Societies of Canada) – Accreditation Program for Foreign-Trained Lawyers, 2021
- CPA (CMA) Business School – CPA, CMA designation, 2014 CMA Top Talent Award
- Bachelor of Technology in Leadership and Management (with distinction), British Columbia Institute of Technology, 2012
- School of Law, Russian University of Economics – LLB (with highest honors), 2006