Michelle has worked on major Aboriginal litigation and negotiation files on behalf of First Nation clients. Her practice is focused on preparing and negotiating specific claims.
- Development of Aboriginal lands: Successes, risks and environmental concerns respecting contaminated sites
Michelle has published papers and been a presenter at the following conferences:
- “Development of Aboriginal Lands: Successes, Risks and Environmental Concerns Respecting Contaminated Sites” presented at the Pacific Business and Law Institute Conference, September 26, 2012.
- “Concerns with the BC Environmental Assessment Process from a First Nations Perspective” presented at the Pacific Business and Law Institute Conferences, Environmental Law and Canada’s First Nations, February 7 and 8, 2007 and Mining in Aboriginal Communities, March 11 & 12, 2009
- “Personal Information Protection: What you need to know about Employee Privacy and New Legislation” presented at Infonex Conference Effective Human Resource Management in Aboriginal Communities, September 27-30, 2004
- University of Victoria Environmental Law Centre – founding member
- North Shore Neighbourhood House – Past Director
- The Land Conservancy of British Columbia – past Director
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada, Vancouver Chapter – Former Executive Committee Member, and current Volunteer
- North Vancouver Secondary School Drama Association – volunteer