500 - 221 West Esplanade
North Vancouver BC V7M 3J3
Tel: (604) 988-5201
Fax: (604) 988-1452
Darren’s practice is focused on advising First Nations governments in the areas of governance, protecting Aboriginal rights and title, treaty implementation, economic development, trusts and various corporate matters. Darren is Metis with family from Paddle Prairie Metis Settlement in Alberta.
Darren joined Ratcliff & Company as an articling student in 2016. Before pursuing his legal education, Darren worked in corporate public affairs, social finance and small business development. During law school, Darren served as the Executive Editor of the UBC Law Review, and represented UBC as a member of the Jessup (International Law) and Kawaskimhon (Aboriginal Rights) moot teams. He graduated with a specialization in Aboriginal Law.
Outside of the office, Darren enjoys spending time with his wife and young daughter, riding bikes and cooking.
- B.Comm. - Royal Roads University, 2006
- J.D. - Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, 2016
- Law Society of British Columbia, 2017
- Indigenous Bar Association, 2015 - 2017
- Arthur Close, QC Prize in Advanced Legal Research (2016)
- J.S.D. Tory Prize for Advocacy (2015)
- Joseph Atkinson Storrow & Caroline Mary Storrow Memorial Scholarship in Law (2014 – 2015)