Veronica is an experienced business lawyer with many years of practice advising small to mid-sized businesses, First Nations, and not-for-profit organizations. She has a particular interest in advising women in business. As part of her practice Veronica advises clients at every stage of their business life on matters relating to:
- Initial start-up, including incorporation and organization of companies, partnerships and joint ventures, drafting shareholders and partnership agreements, and creating appropriate governance structures.
- Ongoing operational issues including drafting sales and services templates and terms and conditions, consulting, marketing, licensing and distribution agreements, leases, waivers, and non-competition, non-disclosure agreements.
- Expansion matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, additional investors, financing and securitization.
- Technology and intellectual property issues including software licensing agreements, IT servicing agreements, equipment leases and trademark protection.
- Commercial real estate transactions including purchases and sales, leases, financing and construction and development agreements.
- Not-for profit matters including incorporations (federal and provincial), compliance and regulatory issues and ongoing advice regarding governance and operations.
Veronica is an avid runner, hiker, snow-shoer and cyclist with a passion for the North Shore trails. She has recently given up her car and is attempting to live a low carbon lifestyle.
News, Publications & Presentations
In The Community
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Chapter (Women Lawyer’s Forum, SOGIC, Business and Aboriginal Law)
- Member, Solicitor’s Roster – ProBono B.C.
- Chair (past), National Women Lawyers Forum, Canadian Bar Association
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1989
- B.A. (hons), Carleton University, 1986
Year Of Call
- British Columbia, 1995
- Law Society of Upper Canada, 1991