Karl grew up in Winnipeg, was called to the Manitoba Bar in 1986 and practiced corporate and commercial law there until 2005. He has practiced in British Columbia since 2006 and during this time has provided legal advice to numerous First Nations with an emphasis on:
- Development of Aboriginal land, including a wide range of commercial enterprises, joint ventures and partnerships with non-Aboriginals;
- Incorporation of First Nation owned companies and corporate and governance structuring for economic development purposes, including drafting shareholders and partnership agreements;
- Leasing of reserve lands and financing and security documentation;
- Preparation of impact benefit and servicing agreements; Development of trusts for economic and other purposes; and
- Development of First Nation laws, including taxation and assessment laws, financial administration laws and land codes.
Karl is active in snowboarding, hiking, cycling and enjoys travel.
Year Of Call
- British Columbia, 1995
- Manitoba, 1996
- LL.B and MBA from University of Manitoba, 1986