Gary has represented First Nations and Inuit organizations as legal counsel, political advisor and negotiator for many years.
His involvement has included constitutional development, treaty making and land issues, reconciliation and mutual benefits agreements with governments and corporate entities, economic development and power projects, and the development of First Nation governance.
- Participation in establishment of Nunavut Territory
- Participation in patriation of Canadian Constitution
- Negotiation of Maa nulth Treaty, Tla-o-qui-aht Treaty, Homalco Treaty
- Negotiation of numerous specific claims
- Negotiation of road and service agreements.
- Negotiation of various power projects.
- First Nation economic development agreements
- First Nation government and administration development
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as one of the 500 most influential business leaders in British Columbia (Law, Indigenous Rights) by Business In Vancouver.
In The Community
- Board Member, Chief Joe Mathias Scholarship Fund Board of Directors
Year Of Call
- Nunavut, 1999
- British Columbia, 1982
- North West Territories, 1978
- Texas, USA
- B.A., St. Francis Xavier University
- LL.B, University of New Brunswick
- LL.M, University of Texas
- Doctoral candidate in Government, University of Texas (dissertation pending)