Darren advises First Nation governments, businesses, individuals and institutions on issues ranging from governance and economic development to corporate/commercial matters, real estate and estate administration. He enhances his practice with applied knowledge of corporate public affairs, social finance, and small business development, including experience in strategic communications, grants programs, and micro-lending.
Darren is Metis with family belonging to the Paddle Prairie Metis Settlement in Treaty 8 territory. Outside of law, he enjoys cycling, exploring the backcountry, and spending time with his partner and young daughter.
Awards & Accolades
- Arthur Close, QC Prize in Advanced Legal Research, 2016
- J.S.D. Tory Prize for Advocacy, 2015
- Joseph Atkinson Storrow & Caroline Mary Storrow Memorial Scholarship in Law, 2014 – 2015
Year Of Call
- British Columbia, 2017
- B.Comm. – Royal Roads University, 2006
- J.D. – Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, 2016