- B.Comm. – Royal Roads University, 2006
- J.D. – Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, 2016
- Law Society of British Columbia, 2017
- Indigenous Bar Association
- Arthur Close, QC Prize in Advanced Legal Research (2016)
- J.S.D. Tory Prize for Advocacy (2015)
- Joseph Atkinson Storrow & Caroline Mary Storrow Memorial Scholarship in Law (2014 – 2015)
Darren advises First Nations governments and institutions on a range of governance, economic development and regulatory matters. Darren is Metis with family from Paddle Prairie Metis Settlement in Alberta.
Darren joined Ratcliff LLP as an articling student in 2016. Before pursuing his legal education, Darren worked in corporate public affairs, social finance and small business development. During law school, Darren served as the Executive Editor of the UBC Law Review and represented UBC as a member of the Jessup (International Law) and Kawaskimhon (Aboriginal Rights) moot teams. He graduated with a specialization in Aboriginal Law.
Outside of the office, Darren enjoys spending time with his family and exploring new places on his bike.