Darren advises First Nation governments, businesses, individuals and institutions on issues ranging from negotiation and implementation of agreements with the Crown to governance matters, real estate development, commercial transactions, and estate administration.
He enhances his practice with applied knowledge of corporate public affairs, social finance, and small business management, including experience in strategic communications, grants programs, and lending.
Darren is Metis with family belonging to the Paddle Prairie Metis Settlement in Treaty 8 territory. Outside of law, he enjoys cycling, exploring the backcountry, and spending time with his partner and young daughter.
- Part of a Ratcliff team representing Blueberry River First Nations in the development and negotiation of The Blueberry River First Nations Implementation Agreement
News, Publications & Presentations
- Co-Presenter, “Business Development: Structure and Process,” Continuing Legal Education BC – Indigenous Governance & Economic Development 2023, April 2023
- Co-Presenter, “Implementing the Blueberry River First Nations Agreement,” Pacific Business & Law Institute, April 2023
In the Community
- Board Member, Kílala Lelum (Urban Indigenous Health and Healing Cooperative)
- Member, Indigenous Bar Association
Awards & Accolades
- Arthur Close, QC Prize in Advanced Legal Research, 2016
- J.S.D. Tory Prize for Advocacy, 2015
- Joseph Atkinson Storrow & Caroline Mary Storrow Memorial Scholarship in Law, 2014 – 2015
- B.Comm. – Royal Roads University, 2006
- J.D. – Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, 2016
Year Of Call
- British Columbia, 2017