- B. Environmental Studies from University of Waterloo
- LL.B from Dalhousie University
- Law Society of British Columbia 1994
- Law Society of Alberta 1996
- Canadian Bar Association B.C. Chapter
- Canadian Bar Association Alberta Chapter, past Treasurer and Vice-Chair, Labour Law Subsection
Brenda provides employment and labour law advice to both employers, including many First Nations, and employees.
She has acted in wrongful dismissal suits, Board of Reference hearings, labour arbitrations, Employment Insurance appeals, Workers’ Compensation appeals, and Canada Labour Code and BC Employment Standards complaints. Brenda also drafts employment policies and contracts, acts in human rights complaints and has assisted employers with internal harassment investigations.
She has assisted First Nations in fisheries and treaty rights litigation.
Brenda has been invited speaker at various conferences on human resources management for First Nations, has written articles on Canada Labour Code issues for First Nations, progressive discipline and labour jurisdiction, pulp and paper regulation, and admissibility of psychiatric records in arbitrations.