500 - 221 West Esplanade
North Vancouver BC V7M 3J3
Tel: (604) 988-5201
Fax: (604) 988-1452
- J.D. with a concentration in environmental law and sustainability - University of Victoria, 2012
B.A. (Hons), Geography - UBC, 2008
Emma provides strategic advice to First Nations governments. She assists clients grapple with the full range of impacts from proposed and approved projects in their territories and helps clients effectively engage with proponents, regulators and the Crown. When outstanding issues remain she assists with litigation, including judicial reviews.
Emma also helps clients address historical wrongs committed by the Crown, most recently working on Huu-ay-aht v. HMTQ, 2014 SCTC 7/2016 SCTC 14, the first Specific Claims Tribunal decision to award compensation.
Emma approaches her practice with a focus on balancing economic development opportunities with the protection and assertion of aboriginal rights and title. She believes in working closely with clients to find creative, cost effective and long term solutions to complex problems.
Before joining Ratcliff & Company LLP, Emma worked in public interest environmental law.
- Law Society of British Columbia, 2013
- Torys Public Interest Internship Award (2010)
- Recognized for outstanding leadership in sustainability by UBC (2007-08)
- Millennium Scholarship awarded for academic excellence and active citizenship (2006-08)