John R. Rich, Partner
- B.Sc. and LL.B from University of British Columbia
Professional and Other Memberships:
- Law Society of British Columbia 1986
- First Nation issues including aboriginal rights and title; fisheries; environmental issues, Indian reserve issues, land and resource use; rent revisions; land management; taxation and Crown fiduciary duty
- Major litigation
- Judicial Review
Extensive experience before all levels of Court, including Supreme Court of Canada, Federal Court, and BC Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Various administrative tribunals, including Environmental Appeal Board, Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, National Energy Board, Assessment Appeal Board.
Public Policy Appointments:
John has been a long-term active supporter of many environmental and legal organizations, including:
- Islands Trust – past-Chairman
- West Coast Environmental Law Association – past Director and President
- Sierra Legal Defence Fund – founding Director and past Chairman
- EAGLE (Environmental-Aboriginal Guardianship through Law and Education) – Advisory Council member
- Georgia Strait Alliance – Director